Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wow! It's been awhile

Hi all! It has been such a long time since I have written anything. Since my last post, I have almost completed my reconstruction process. The week after my final surgery (in September), I found out that the cancer has spread :(

My L1 vertibrae is completely covered. T8 vertibrae is a new spot. I started chemo again at the beginning of October along with radiation to help with the pain in my spine. 2 weeks before Christmas, I had another PET scan and they found that the chemo regimine I was on was not working. The radiation did stop the growth of the tumors at L1 and T8, however, there is a 2 cm tumor in the lower lobe of my right lung, my left hip now has tumors and T1 vertibrae has a tumor as well. I have again started another chemo treatment and I am crossing my fingers that this one will work. I go in to the office every Monday for 2 weeks and then I am off for 1 week. On the weeks that I go in for a "bag", I also take 7 chemo pills a day. That part is the hard part because I HATE taking pills.

In September, I started down a weird depression road. I was sure that I had this stupid cancer beat for awhile, but when I got the news that the cancer was active again, it was like a slap in the face. Radiation was also hard this time because they were focusing on my spine and I had radiation burns on my esophogus and stomach. It was like the worst case of heartburn I have ever had. I couldn't eat or drink anything for 2 weeks. Since this incident, soda is no longer one of my favorite drinks.

I am doing what I can to get past the depression. I have way to much living to do still and I will not let this cancer stop me from that!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo right there with you!!!! Depression is a constant battle because everything in our life (yours and mine) rides on whether the cancer spreads or not. I was depressed when my chemo regiment was working too. Xeloda is sort of working for me, but just to slow down the speedy progress of the cancer.
    Sometimes I just want to wake up and not think about cancer the whole day.....one whole day, wouldn't that be sooooo wonderful!!!!!
    Love ya! And we with both keep fighting!!!!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Natasha, I read this at work and started crying. I am so sorry this is happening to you. You are a very strong woman and will do whatever it takes to kick cancer's ass. You will be in my prayers and in my thoughts. Keep us posted more often, if you feel up to it. Love ya, Marion
    ok i dont understand the comment section, so i picked anonymous.

    ReplyDelete